Frequently Asked Questions
When it comes to our finances and plans for the future there are so many questions, below are a few about the service we can provide you and what you can expect from us.
You can also see our latest news articles and previous questions we’ve been asked in our News section.
If you have any questions you would like to be answered for FREE, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us and we will be happy to help where possible and we can match you with the right adviser if necessary.
How does it work?
- Your journey with Flying Colours begins with a free no-obligation initial meeting. You can get to know us, and make an informed decision as to whether or not we’re the right fit for you. Getting to know you is vital; working together we’ll establish your needs, objectives and goals.
- Identifying and prioritising your objectives is the first step to formulating your plan. We assess and evaluate your current situation and where appropriate we will research your existing plans.
- We can recommend products and investments from the whole of the market. We will only ever base our recommendations on what is best for you. Your adviser along with our technical team will tailor a plan that offers a holistic financial lifestyle strategy, personalised to you.
- Once we have made our recommendations to you, we’ll arrange a meeting to complete any further steps needed to implement your plan.
- On an annual, basis we will review your plan and circumstances to ensure we are up to date with what is happening in your life and make sure your plan is still on track. We can make adjustments when necessary, so your lifestyle plan has the best chance of performing the way you want.
- You’ll be able to monitor your investments online at any time and you can speak to your adviser if you have any questions.
How are we paid?
There are no charges to initially discuss your situation with our team. Once we have a better idea of what you’re hoping to achieve and the complexity of your situation, we’ll know how much time is involved. At this point we’ll confirm all charges in writing, however, typically we charge an initial fee and an ongoing fee to service and manage your affairs.
Can you advise me on all products and services, or are you restricted?
We have access to financial products and services sourced from the whole of the market, so our advice is genuinely independant. This enables us to help you protect what you most value, preserve your wealth, target greater income and capital growth, and reduce the amount of tax you pay now and in the future.
What's to stop me from doing this myself?
We think that investing for your future is too important to be a part‐time hobby. Our professional service offers a number of advantages over a DIY approach.
- We monitor your portfolio every day to look for opportunities to rebalance
- We negotiate lower investment terms than a private investor would be able to
- We provide advice to ensure you optimise the tax reliefs and allowances available to you
Even the most experienced DIY investors rarely find the time to do this. That gives you back the time to focus on the other things that really matter to you. In many cases the Flying Colours integrated service will be lower cost than the DIY alternative you could create and manage yourself.
Can't find what you are looking for? Get in touch and we’ll do our best to answer your questions.